Wednesday, November 26, 2008

kamel

A working colleague of mine told me last week their band is playing in Liberte (Kallio, Helsinki) on coming (i.e. now last) Friday. I thought I'd give it a go and support the band by going to see them. So I took my camera with me as well and lucky me I did! Not only did they play well, the singer Toni was a very charismatic performer and took eventually his shirt off ;) Somehow he reminds me of young Iggy Pop here.

His style was pretty dandy and vain. Not his clothes as much as his way of performing though. He was flirting with the few people who were there, giving his best and really managed to get some people on the dance floor to have a party. Anyway, these guys need more gigs, why don't you just book them ;) Listen to them here.

I put up an interactive show with Toni over there, quite funny actually. I had made a HOUSUT POIS!-poster (pants down in English) and showed it to them and Toni was making gestures of me having to pay him for doing that. I coincidentally had my wallet in my hand as I was heading towards the bar to get another beer and I just waved it in my hand and he reacted and I decided to play the demanding one and just "told" him to bugger off with his cost demands. Apparently other ones had their fun as well since people were smiling. Hey I just gotta love that rock n roll!

Cheers,
Ilona

No comments: