Monday, November 24, 2008

karoshi lovers

Before Klaus Thunder ja Ukkosmaine Karoshi Lovers were playing their set. They were once again great live and their music really is something fresh for your ears. I like their outlooks, it's a pity they have played in places where the lighting is "challenging" (reads: crappy ;)) and they haven't been very well lit. Oh well, I've only shot them twice so far and I hope to get to shoot them many times again. I decided to choose two images from them, two different kinds of images. One is peaceful, one has more action in it.



Kid Karoshi is depicted in this picture. I chose this one since it is somehow deviant from the average gig shot. It could almost be posed to be a still life. However, there's more to it when you look at it more carefully. The light is as such not very interesting, but still I like it. I like the subtle motion blur of the left hand and the shadows. An elegant portrait of a musician playing death pop :)


This is an interesting photo in that sense that there is action with Kid Karoshi moving and yet Ms. Stress is sitting behind her keyboard, not moving. Technically this is not a very good image, but I've learned to oversee those things sometimes if the picture is otherwise interesting.

During Karoshi Lovers I had no problems with space. I actually noticed when I stopped shooting in front of the stage that there was a space around me, I wonder if people somehow intuitively had left me that space. Awkward. As a photographer, I don't want to take anybody's space nor do I want to be in anyone's way. But it's difficult not to if there's no pit. It's a dilemma really: you have your space and peace to photograph in a pit (except sometimes some photographers can be real asses to their colleagues), but it's difficult to take the audience with into the pictures; when there's no pit you have to be careful with everything and you often have no space, but then again the atmosphere is great and the audience really close.

Cheers,
Ilona

No comments: